View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 07:06 PM
Jeff P0tter

Default Babe Ruth "Confirmed" Reproduction Signature Examples - Reference Post

Hi All
In reading some posts lately, and bumping into these images again I thought it would be helpful to post this in a clear and concise thread, because in the past I have posted them in individual threads and they are then lost to time. There are A LOT of Babe Ruth autograph replicas floating around lately, they can be found on eBay and even in some auctions from time to time. These are especially tricky (and troublesome), because the signature itself is correct, it's copied from an authentic example, and a lot of folks won't even know upon in hand inspection that it's not actually signed. You most often see them on single signed baseballs (sometimes dual signed with Gehrig), and also on darker color paper cuts (in order to help hide the fact that it's a printed replica). Here are the two most common signature styles that are seen, note that the type of ink used in producing them makes them look slightly different, ie thicker, coloring, etc, but they are still the same reproduction. I know there are at least a couple other signature styles that are commonly seen, and when I find them again I will add them to this thread. If others have confirmed examples, go ahead and add them too. To verify they are reproductions, please post two different photos of the same style on different items. Commit these signature styles to memory, it's very easy to spot them if you know exactly what to look for. If anyone has any questions, fire away as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruthex1.jpg (70.4 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg ruthopex.jpg (70.9 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg ruthcutex.jpg (71.1 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg ruthcutex2.jpg (69.9 KB, 212 views)
ebay: AuthenticTradingPost

http://www.ebay.com/str/jeffpotterautographs

Last edited by ATP; 03-04-2018 at 07:10 PM.