Thread: Scott Elkins ?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Default Scott Elkins ?

Posted By: JudgeDred (Fred)

Brian,

Help me understand something

I have personally asked Leon for help on 2 similiar situations, which both got taken care of without any accusations or disputes being aired in the public forum. I hope we can continue this practice in the future, so that these types of post don't detract from the fun of Vintage collecting.

Do you mean that you asked Leon to get involved in dealings that were not his to begin with? If so then I would profusely thank Leon for his time and efforts, if I misunderstood this then please let me know.

I wouldn't want to bother Leon with deals that did not involve him because he's got his own life (besides babysitting us) and he's the board moderator not the deal moderator. If he doesn't mind doing this then we've got a gem here for a moderator. Personally, I'd rather not bother him though.

I don't like reading about deals gone bad but since there is a B/S/T associated with this forum there is the possibility that things may go wrong with these (or other) deals. Perhaps a link could be added to the B/S/T that is called BBB VBBC (Better Business Bureau - VBBC). If anyone has an axe to grind about a bad deal it could be done through this thread and away from the main forum. Call it a public service link that will inform the forum members of possible considerations before dealing with someone. We'd have to keep it to negative feedback (unless you want to start another thread that's called B/S/T Positive Feedback) because I'm sure that there are so many good deals that happen that the negative ones would get lost.

Just a thought....