View Single Post
Old 01-31-2002, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Default Just spoke with Derek Grady-SGC

Posted By: leon

MW- went back and looked a little closer and here are my thoughts on the cards you listed....the Mantle- corners too soft for an 8....the '40 Jackson- corners too soft.....the other 2 pic's won't come up......ok I was sleepy yesterday and didn't look hard enough....I am not sure about the centering problems you listed since the pic's didn't happen but my thinking is that a 9 should be at least 60-40 all the way around......again, just my thoughts......Halley- As far as trimmed cards being slabbed....not sure...I think that would be open for debate...my first thought is NO....but my second thought could be YES....actually though I think I am more concerned with a card being trimmed than actually fake....not to say I have not bought 2 fake cards but they are quite readily identified and dealt with....trimming, altering, touching up, and adding paper are different stories......I think I would vote that if the card were doctored in any way I would not slab it....Say I have a card that is a high dollar card but low grade and I just want to know if it has been doctored. I know it is going to get a 10-20 so I don't care about the grade. If it came back as authentic I could know that it most likely was not altered. I know you love PSA but I am seeing more problems with them all of the time.....and I have nothing to gain or lose by saying that.....best regards again