View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Default HOFER'S Who Don't Belong

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Ozzie belongs in. Absent the WS play, and him finally getting to .300 for a season, I could see that he'd be borderline. He's not borderline, he should be in.

I'm ok with Rizzuto being in, along with Reese. But if those 2 are in then they should have put 'Slats' in too. And I can see that these 3 are barely in there...

Chance belongs in. Evers does, barely behind Chance. And Tinker, too. Read enough baseball history, and a fella should be able to live with them in.

Dizzy Dean belongs in. Again, read. I'm not talking about merely looking at stats in one of the stats books. READ. He's a clear choice. Ruth and Gehrig both would want him in.

Puckett and Carter and that woman.... no way they get in unless they buy a ticket for admission.

And for the "7" non-pitcher gods, Wagner should be at the front of that list unless it is done alphabetically, and unless Mr. Musial and Rogers Hornsby are added then Mantle and DiMaggio should be dropped off. Probably should add Musial and Hornsby, and then Willie Mays, and that would be 10.

For years I've thought that I won a super Powerball, I'd set up a trust and fund The American Baseball Museum, wherein the Greats of Baseball could be enshrined. There would be about 20% of the HOF in there, and I'd add Van Haltren. Then maybe add Reulbach and Stovey out of contrariness.

Election would be based on managers (now there's an incentive for a player to not buck a manager), broadcasters, fans, and some witchlike committee. Grrrrr....