View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 01:25 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I understand the upside for Cabrera, he could set records and be among the very top few players ever statistically, but other than Trout who is still quite young, what's the big upside for those other guys who are midway or most of the way through their career already?
Well since this is more a thread on Bryant I will summarize. They are all on what could be HOF tracks with low cost cards in comparison to each years new "it" rookie(s). Basically I find them to be closer to a "sure thing" than Bryant.

Cano - 11 years in and already HOFm 123. He has the 3rd highest SLG for 2nd basemen with at least 1500 games behind Hornsby and Kent. Yet non like Kent his defensive skills are top notch ranking 1st among active players in PO and Assists at 2B.

Goldschmidt - Only 5 years in but has an OPS+ of 151. 3 All star games, 2 gold gloves, 2 silver sluggers, and came in 2nd for MVP twice. He has lead twice in PO (for all positions), and twice was top 5 in home runs.

Beltre - with 18 seasons under his belt he ranks 3rd in WAR behind Pujols and ARod. While still not tapering off yet like the other two having put up a 7.0 and 5.8 the last two seasons and not getting below 5 since 2009. He has a top 5 AVG 5 times, top 5 SLG% 4 times while accumulating the top defensive WAR for active players.

Votto - 9 Seasons in he is ranked 6th in Active Slugging .534, and 5th in Active Average .311. He has lead in BB and OBP 4 times each. He also boasts a OPS+ of 156 (2nd behind Pujols, also good enough for 19th career). His 43.4 WAR ranks highest for players with less than 10 years.

Last edited by bn2cardz; 01-19-2016 at 01:29 PM.