View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Default Minimum T206 size

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Joann,

SGC and GAI use custom inserts. The inserts can be cut to fit the card. PSA seems to have a few different size holders. The one pictured in your post is what I figure is a PSA T206 holder. My guess is that PSA, in their short sightedness, designed the holder expecting all T206 cards to fit into the holder. I thnk PSA used the larger size holders when encapsulating larger than normal T206 cards or if they happened to run out of the standard T206 card holders. Rather than wait for a new shipment of holders they stuffed the T206 cards into those "card condoms" to keep them from slipping around.

I couldn't imagine PSA stuffing an E90-1 card into one of those T206 holders because the E90-1 cards are a little larger than the T206 cards.

I could be wrong but that's my guess on the holders.

Getting back to minimum T206 card sizes my hypothesis is that it depends upon the submitter of the card. If your last name happened to be Harris then PSA was farily liberal as to the size of the card. If you happen to be Joe (or Joann) collector then the size requirement would probably be tighter.

Overall, as you are probably aware, there are different sizes for different brands of T206 cards. ABs are a good example of this.

1-7/16 x 2-5/8 is the published/accepted standard for T206 sizing, but we pretty much know that this can vary.