View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 09:02 PM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghumbs View Post
Thanks, that's a really good link. When I come across balls like these, it makes me doubt my doubts. Mine doesn't appear to be too far off of the examples below. Now obviously I'm going to be the most biased here, but does it basically come down to provenance on these since they aren't marked? Or are there certain attributes to look for other than condition like materials, techniques, etc?

Good questions, but I think you are seeing what you want to see. What about the other 100 examples on that site that look nothing like your ball?? It doesn't come down to provenance, it basically comes down to condition and age of the leather and thread, and yours looks like it was made yesterday. I thought you might hone in on those two examples. To be honest not sure the authenticity of everything on that site can be confirmed, but the top ball picture is blurry so you can't really tell the condition, and I don't think the bottom ball looks like yours - it at least shows some age.

You should also know that these balls are reproduced a lot today for use in playing vintage rules ball - as a couple people have told you.

Hope this helps some.