View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Ed Woelfle

Default Overcharging Shipping

I had same issue and posted about it a couple weeks ago with Legendary - basically $20 to ship one card under $400 value. To me the point isn't a few bucks - it's the principle. The feeling of being chiseled, ripped-off. Like some low-ball tactic to add to your bottom line - as if 19% juice isn't enough to cover you?

You feel good about paying "resort fees" at dumpy hotels, and for services you never used? Cab drivers that want to charge you an extra $5 if you use a CC? Having the waitress refill your Diet Coke glass a few times, then seeing $13 for soda on the bill bcse they charge by the glass and somehow never mentioned it to you? Most of those are minor in terms of actual dollar amount - - and at least some you can see coming. This tactic is "surprise!" "hey, we got you!" Like roaming changes. Especially in the wake of most auction houses charging fair and customary for s&h.

The worst was Legendary's excuse when I asked. BS "handling fees", "we box everything" (so do most), and then the ever-loving calling out competitors excuse and saying they get it from me in other ways, "believe me.."

That was enough, I said stop - OK, fine - just stop! Keep it, keep it - it obviously means more to you than me, so stick it up your a$$

I sent the check the next day (which they received 9/3 and as of 9/11 it still sits, no ship notice). No big to-do, threats, etc. - just like the restaurant with bad food/service - I will leave a few bad reviews, avoid, move on, they don't care. No big deal - I'm sure eBay will tell you it happens to them every day