View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 06:22 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
Hi Pat

Excellent work as always!

Some aspects of your sheet layout I definitely agree with, others I'm just not sure about at this time.

Plate scratches are pretty solid evidence and I need more time to research the subject.

One thing that leads me to more questions than answers is the card below which has a Piedmont 150 back.

Jantz
Hey Jantz,
I've looked at the information Pat has provided and have concluded (and I think Pat has too), that there was more than one press run for the Piedmont 150 subjects and that the layouts likely changed. To date, no two-name card in Piedmont 150 has exhibited a plate scratch.

Secondly, while I believe that in this sheet's case the vertical subjects were the same all the way down, Pat's depiction only shows four rows with the plate scratches. Other parts of the sheet vertically "could" have had a different order which would lead to the existence of the two-name Hinchman-Stovall.

Note that there is also two instances of Powell-O'Leary (both currently attributed to this sheet); Berten (Batting) also appears with Dooin as does Konetchy with Jennings.