View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 10:48 AM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
One way to account for two certs is due to what is known as a Presidential Review, wherein the card is cracked and regraded with the stipulation it cannot go any lower. Or just as likely it was a crack and resub seeking a higher grade— after the person cracking had closely examined the card to feel certain it could not go any lower. Then there is the notion of someone thinking additional work could take it higher.

Looks like the corners were worked/laid down, pressing being one way to accomplish that. Depending on the degree of corner lift, sometimes it’s as simple as the grade school method of putting a card in a thick book and sitting on it LOL. Worked for me with a Wade Boggs RC in 1986!

Is putting a card under heavy books really considered altering a card?

I had a horrible situation where a BGS 9 1982 Wrestling All Stars Andre The Giant was lifting in the slab in the mylar sleeve and I had to crack it out to rescue it.

One of the corners started kind of bowing upwards with no actual damage and I put that card under a bunch of heavy books for a week or so to try and flatten it back out and it now resides in a PSA 8 holder.