View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 02:56 PM

I finally got the time to scan some new arrivals. I will probably present all here, so stop me if I get boring

I also started a blog at mysoccercards.com and I will try to upload my nicest cards there, as well as add information mostly about the cards. My ambition is to update it often, with cards I acquire or new cool info about cards that are already published.

Anyway that beauty here arrived the other day:

Issued during 1974 in France, by Ageducatifs, this is Michel François Platini´s rookie card. Platini is the current president of the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), and he is -by many- considered as one of the best, if not the best, players of all time. He was a member of the French national team that won the 1984 European Championship, a tournament in which he was the top goalscorer and voted the best player. This card illustrates a young Platini from 1974 when he was currently playing with his first team, Nancy (Association Sportive Nancy-Lorraine), a French association football club based in Nancy, Lorraine.

These cards are getting rarer and rarer to find, and finding one that has never been glued to an album is almost impossible. I love this.

MySoccerCards.com

Last edited by SECollector; 09-06-2014 at 02:11 AM.