View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplainer View Post
Overall, I have to agree with the above.

I got it until about four years ago. Then I woke up to how the articles were interwoven. Much to the concern of their advertisers.

No, not for me.
Much has changed in the hobby and SPORTS COLLECTORS DIGEST since four years ago. All Coaches Corner advertising is long gone. T. S. O'Connell is long gone. Alan Rosen is now gone from SCD. The magazine never shied away from reporting the investigation and conviction of Bill Mastro. It is not illegal nor unethical to try to back your advertisers, though I do not recall that SCD ran articles lauding Coaches Corner. When it finally became known they were selling bogus memorabilia, they were dropped, period.

SPORTS COLLECTORS DIGEST has essentially had to reinvent themselves almost several times in this swiftly changing hobby world. As under-staffed as they are, they are doing rather well, and the free-lance articles keep coming, with many of them being pertinent and very worthwhile reading.

If you choose not to forgive them for past transgressions, that's your choice. I hope you're as tough on yourself as you are on them. If you won't give them another chance, maybe that's just as well---for you and them.

Me? I'm sticking by them! I like what I'm seeing and reading! ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 08-03-2016 at 11:29 AM. Reason: ENSURE A READER WHICH SCD I AM REFERENCING