View Single Post
Old 08-09-2002, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Default I once saw a bumper sticker . . .

Posted By: Kenny Cole

that said "visualize world peas." I don't even like peas. However, reading what seems to be about 10,000 posts beating the same dead horse beyond glue brought it to mind.

I wonder what can be said, pro or con, about the Mantle or the Jackson, that hasn't already been said repeatedly. I wonder how many new and wonderous threats and insults can be thought up and passed around for the edification of the viewing audience.

By this time, EVERYONE knows where everyone else stands. After all, there have been about 1,000 posts where all of that was made clear by those who cared, those who were curious, those who wanted to egg things on, and those who were simply responding to someone else.

How about moving on to a topic which doesn't involve allegations of fraud against Dr. Koos or allegations of auction tampering against other members of the board? Those claims have been made, seconded, thirded, discussed ad nauseaum, and generally run into the ground. That being the case, I don't see much reason to continue it. At this point, it has degenerated into a mere hurling of epithets at each other. What does that accomplish?

Why not talk about something cool, such as your very favorite card and why? Mine is a Cuban card of Oscar Charleston. The reason why is that I had lost out oh several in the Jerry Smolin/Barry Sloate auctions, and thought I'd never find another. Then, one showed up on eBay. Being really clever, I decided to snipe it. Suffice it to say that my attempt ended up being feeble and I got my ass kicked. I was way depressed about the loss, so I took my wife to Dallas for the weekend to go buy other stuff, see some friends, and drown my sorrows.

When I got back, I had an email from someone else (Ryan Christoff) who had one to sell. I got it, it was in better shape than the one I'd missed, and I am still tickled to death to this day. It is my favorite card.