View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
I only collect the Orioles and I'm no green tint expert, but I believe one way to tell the difference is the slight cropping differences between the regular and green tints. Other than the Hoeft, which is a completely different pose, all my other Orioles have cropping differences. Can anyone verify I'm not missing something. Attached are my Russ Snyder cards as examples.
Yup, the Brandt card on the right is the GT.

All of the green tints have slight (to less slight) cropping differences as compared to their 'regular' counterparts (obviously not including the pose variations). And it's a funny thing about the pose variations. Those cards were produced in the same numbers as all of the regular, same-pose GT cards. People seem to be under the impression that they are rarer, but they aren't. In other words, there are no 'regular pose' GT versions of the pose variation cards. For every 100 GT Stu Millers you find, there are 100 GT Wally Moon 'holding the bat' cards out there somewhere. (Sorry, if I seem to be talking in circles. I'm writing this quickly.)

Every green tint Hoeft card looks like this:
s-l1600.jpg

And every regular Hoeft card looks like this:
s-l1600-2.jpg

There isn't a GT version of the card featuring the second pose.

On a side note, late last night I pulled the trigger on the Ruth/Gehrig #140 green tint in PSA 7. That's a tough one due to the subject matter, and can get pretty pricey. The only PSA 8 I saw had a $500+ price tag. Yowza!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.