View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 08:37 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I recently picked up this woodie, a card I’ve wanted for quite some time but had never pulled the trigger on. It’s probably an EX 5 level card - OC, and some light corner wear, but a surface without many problems and a crispy image. I like the card so much I was already considering an upgrade - maybe a better centered PSA 5-6, or even something in an SGC slab...and then I started an eBay search, and geez!

What a bear this card is to find perfectly centered in mid-grade, or even close to it for a decent price. Besides the lower grade stuff, most of what is available seems to be sharp corners but noticeably OC, centered decently but with print issues, or cards that are nicer and I would be interested in, save for the fact that they are all WAY more expensive than I anticipated. I even saw a few PSA 6’s with nice centering that seemed to have been priced with the notion that they were of 8-level rarity or something.

For those of you who own this card, did you face a choice of centering over corners? It seems that kind of decision may have to be more common for the 62’s than I realized.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's still a very presentable card, John. I have really loosened up on condition within the last year or so. I don't think I will ever tolerate creases, but a card like this has (to me) acceptable wear, and it has the centering it left the factory with. If I were building this set, which I am not, that would work for me and look great in the binder.