View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 PM

I filed a complaint and put the below in where it asked for a description of the seller's and my communications. I didn't notice a place where it actually asked for my specific complaint, so I tried to make it clear in that part. If there are any key phrases that I need to bring up, please let me know. Otherwise, thanks to everyone for helping we with this.

"I asked the seller to refund the auction price of the card (with me picking up both shipping fees) due to the fact that the card delivered is graded PSA-6 (OC) while the card described in the title and the text of the listing is described as a PSA-6. The card pictured in the listing is the card delivered and does indeed show the (OC) qualifier. That (OC) qualifier makes the card worth roughly 50% less than if the card was actually a PSA-6. I offered to eat the shipping costs as an incentive for him to accept the return, in spite of the fact that the only reason not to mention the (OC) is to hope that someone in a rush, like me, would not inspect the picture closely to verify that it matched the title and description. That is exactly what happened. The seller responded initally that he would speak with eBay customer service. In a second communication this morning, he explained that he has done nothing wrong, eBay says he has done nothing wrong, eBay says I won't be allowed to leave negative feedback and that he is not accepting the return. I responded that I would be initiating this complaint based on him making a conflicting listing and him delivering an item substantially different from that described in the listing. For the record, since a protracted official proceeding was what I was hoping to avoid by offering to pick up the shipping, I am no longer interested in offering that and wish to be reimbursed for all costs to me. Also, my complaint is not necessarily limited to the 2 issues communicated to him, but those were the only 2 that I mentioned in my message. All communications have been done through eBay, so you can see the entire history there."

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...