View Single Post
Old 06-30-2023, 01:47 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I just watched FORD VS FERRARI (2019). My son is a race car fan, and this was recommended to us. My son was glued to the TV.

If you want a mature movie that is plot driven, watch WHIPLASH (2014) starring Miles Teller. It's about a late teen boy who wants to be a famous drummer and the cut throat world he enters to gain recognition. It gave my wife anxiety. She said she knows people like the antagonist. But warning, it's got foul language.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Tim, I took my son and I to see FORD VS. FERRARI when it was in theaters. We absolutely loved it; it was a special "father and son outing"! We're both race fans from a long time back. I was only 10 when that "war" began in earnest in 1964, but I avidly followed it via the three US sports car magazines. I'm so happy you and your son got to see it.

Also, on YOUTUBE there's a very meaningful and relevant documentary about Ford vs. Ferrari, not the movie but the story. I would wholeheartedly recommend this to you and your son, Tim. It's entitled "THE 24 HOUR WAR". It was produced when several of the main people involved were still alive and lucid. It's a combo of excellent interviews and race footage. I think it's just shy of 100 minutes long, and worth every second. Please pop some popcorn and give it a watch. --- Brian Powell