View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Ken Goldin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
When the crap started in Florida on Always at Auction they were selling photos that were 4x6 (?) or 5x7 (?), I forget which size but not 8x10.
They probably sold thousands of those photos in those sizes. Who would have paid Mickey, Ted and Joe D. all that money to sign those off size photos. Without even looking at the signature anyone with hobby knowledge could tell that it was bogus crap by just using a little logic.
It seems that some people are just cheap especially when running a scam.
Kenny was it you who had them sign those photos? .
Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle never signed a 4x6 or 5x7 photo under their SB contracts. In fact, in a peculiar quirk, DiMaggio actually had size restrictions in his contract on photo sizes he would let be signed, and he did not allow anything smaller then 8x10.

and, it has been previously stated, but I will restate. Tony Podsada and 'my favorite player' were sued by SB in 1991 and again in 1994 seeking permanent injunctions from selling a long laundry list of athletes, including but not limtied to
Mantle, Dimaggio, T WIlliams, Aaron, Mays Ali, Gretzky, Montana, etc. The reason for this lawsuit was to prevent him and MFP from selling FORGERIES, which they were doing. Both times they agreed to stop, in writing, and signed consent decrees that had the same legal effect of a permanent injunction. I have copies of the lawsuits as well as the court orders PERMANENTLY stopping them from selling these autographs.
so no, they did not win a lawsuit.
I will continue to help pursue him until he is permanently stopped, and will alway make myself available to answer questions so none of you and none of the collecting hobby makes a mistake and buys one of his bogus autos that his team has been attempting to pass off as authentic.
ken@goldinauctions.com

Last edited by kengoldin; 02-17-2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: fix spell error