View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 09:24 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
THis is great information - thanks!! I will send to the auction house and have them send it for grading for me. I was leaning toward REA, but now I think they're the one and I'll skip the March auction if there's already another E107 Plank in it.

Question about consignment fees - let's say this card sells for $10,000 or $15,000... what would be the dollar figure that REA would receive, assuming they send in for grading? What percentage do they work on?
Personally, I would need a REALLY good reason to consign a card like that if I had to pay any seller fee. I believe most AH will give you 0% seller fee on a card like that and so their profit is whatever the buyer's premium is that they charge. Assuming a 0% seller's premium, and a 20% buyers premiums with the hammer price being $10k, the buyer would end up paying $12k. You would get $10k and the auction house keeps $2k. Some AH's you may even be able to get them to give you a piece of the buyer's premium as well. The thing to remember is that pretty much everything in the consignment contract is negotiable including who pays for grading. Just make sure you understand the terms and that everything is in writing in whatever contract you sign.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers