View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 10:11 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

The Mets graciously invited me to attend the press conference where they announced the signing of Todd Frazier. After he spoke to the media he spotted me, and we spoke briefly about how we needed to turn thumbs-down into thumbs-up. (Frazier promised me that they'd do something, and that developed into the salt-and-pepper grinder. It may be early in the season, but the Mets ARE 11-2, so if it works, I'm down with it... but I digress.)

I wasn't part of the actual press conference, despite rumors to the contrary, and I don't think even Frazier knew I was going to be there. I loved how the photographers rushed to get pictures of us once they saw that we were chatting. This photo shows us doing a thumb-bump - a fist-bump with the thumbs up.

I also got a pretty cool piece of memorabilia - note the placard with my name on it on the back of the chair. It also says "Thumbs Down Guy" underneath my name. A nice touch, because the Mets could have just as easily put up a generic "Reserved" sign on my seat.