View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 05:46 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Random thoughts...

- The 1963 has so many great cards (I especially love the Ernie Banks) and colors, and the semi-high series and high numbers make it a challenge. Having the Rose RC is a game changer (sorta pun intended), so that's a huge head start.

- The 1965 is an outright beautiful set. So many great cards right across the spectrum. Whether it's beneficial or detrimental depends on each individual collector, but the lack of true high numbers makes it much easier to finish.

- The 1972 is my all-time favorite set, with a world of crazy things happening -- In Action cards, high numbers, traded series, a wealth of HOF'ers, and trophy cards, for example -- but is light on tough rookies and 787 cards is a pretty stark number. Very doable, though.
Thanks, I hear you. Yeah, I figure '63 since I already have the Rose might be logical. No way would I go for that set otherwise. '65 is probably my favorite aesthetically, I love those little flags and the bright colors. '72 is my favorite set of the 70's, but you are right, it's the postwar monster. The thought of nearly 800 cards is a bit intimidating.