View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse9 View Post
I finished the 1954 set long before even considering the 1955. In fact I completed the 1955 Bowman set instead of the Topps.

i only went after the 1955 Topps after I got my hands on a large lot of commons at a dirt cheap price.

That being said I think I prefer the 1955 set as far as aesthetics goes. It looks better in sheets and has a good selection of HOF cards and a few good story cards 'Agganis etc"

Cost-wise you could go either way. The prices on the Aaron rookie have gone through the roof, but so have the Clemente. The Koufax seems to be fairly stable.

One final thought. If you do finish the 1954 set you WILL be compelled to work on a 1955 set as quickly as possible to keep the run complete. If you work on the 1955 set first you won't feel the pressure of a gaping hole in your set run. At least that's the way my OCD mind works.

The sheets is something I thought about too, I noticed the 8 pocket sheets, the horizontals display really well and the 1954's would have to be sideways.

I noticed there is still 2nd year cards of Aaron, Banks, Kaline which is not like having their rookies, but next best thing I guess.
The smaller set is what really appeals to me, besides whichever I choose I could always do the other one after.

Last edited by jasonc; 08-01-2014 at 05:31 PM.