View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 02:32 PM
J Kar_aka$

Quote:
Originally Posted by horzverti View Post
Hi Jared,

I just looked at most of my MBs from the top row of the sheet and I found one card that is miscut enough to show a lot of the top edge of the card. It does have the white line from the top of gutter edge of the sheet. Please see below. I added three non-MB cards to show that this #108 Pavletich card is indeed an MB. I found that most of the cards in the top row, if miscut, are usually showing more of the bottom edge of the card. I have gone through over 200 MB cards from the top row and I only found this one card miscut in this way. This is probably the result of the settings on the sheet cutting machine for this issue. By chance I just have this card produced during a cut when the settings were tweaked.

Also, it seems that the MB sheet has the white gutter edge on all four sides. It will be tough to determine for sure if the bottom edge had an intentional gutter because the cards in that row are white bordered. Maybe the white border and the white gutter are different shades of white? I haven't looked at that.

Jared, your tip of reviewing a sellers other 1968 auctions to see if different cards' back colors vary to help determine MB vs. regular issue is great. I think that the research makes collecting MBs fun.

Ryan, regarding Braves included in the set; Phil Niekro is on a leaders card in the second row. Maybe you aren't looking for leaders cards.

I have a lot of these MBs cards (mostly baseball), three full games and multiple sets, so if you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. Hopefully I can find the answer for you.
Thanks for posting the Pavletich MB, that’s interesting. Out of all the examples I had, I’ve never seen that. Very cool Curt.