View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 10:36 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerfanjohn View Post
Literally more expensive than any of his dads cards and his dad is in the HOF!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I don't understand why these Bowman minor league cards are so expensive when the 80s and 90s minor league cards, also sometimes issued years before the ML rookie cards, sell for next to nothing.

Example, you could probably pick up a Mint 1986 Palm Beach Randy Johnson, a top 10 or so all time pitcher, three years before his RCs, for under $100. And the pops are nothing compared to the Bowmans I would imagine.
I don't get it either? Many HOF's cards sell for a lot less than some of these current prospects, but maybe it's a generational thing, who knows?

I remember reading, from a member here, who posted up what he sold a 1 of 1 Nathan MacKinnon card for a fews years back and posted what it was currently selling for. That, in itself, was enough for me to steer clear!

He sold it for $4500 U.S. and the current owner had it on E-Bay and the highest bid he received was $400. That was quite the loss if there was no reserve on it?
Nathan Mackinnon had a great year this year so I assume most of his cards rebounded some but checking out the current lists on E-Bay, there are literally 100's and 100's of his cards!
https://www.beckett.com/news/nathan-...ey-collectors/

I guess to play this game, one needs a lot of expendable money.