Thread: Psa
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 07:07 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

I think most autograph collectors erroneously believed that with Grad and some of the old authenticators at PSA gone and the Big 3 brought in that things would change , but as I have posted several times before concerning this there may be new faces at PSA but the song remains the same (forgive me Led Zepplin fans like myself ). Before Jim retired he and I talked many times for a long time over several weeks about how there would not really be any change at PSA with the Big 3 there now as PSA's saviors and in fact how It (PSA) would become harder in many ways to deal with especially concerning the rare autographs and anything on unofficial non-legal items . They are out now to cover their asses in as many ways possible after Grad's many publicized screw ups even if it means rejecting items in more numbers than before . Remember too that the Big 3 don't see every item or for that matter most items sent to PSA , so PSA's grading is still done by essentially the same untrained staff as before . Jim was right in so many ways about the future and the Big 3 and PSA, and we as collectors are left to suffer at their very whim no matter the authenticity of our items .
It will only get worse with time as long as AHs , dealers, and collectors give PSA , and JSA the power that they DO NOT deserve .