View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
Seeing the Bobby Eaton card reminded me of Jim Cornette mentioning many times on his podcast that Eaton was the nicest guy in the wrestling business; nice to a fault.

Cornette told a story of he and the Midnights stopping at a liquor store in a sketchy part of Dallas one night after the matches to buy some beer and soda. Ten homeless guys are sitting in front of the liquor store, and Conrette was too scared to leave the car.

Eventually, Cornette and Dennis Condrey are in the car waiting for Eaton to come out of the store, wondering what is taking him so long. Finally, Eaton comes out of the store with his arm around a vagrant. The homeless guy was smoking a cigar that Eaton had bought him. Eaton had also gotten talked into buying a grocery bag of booze and food for this guy he just met. Upon seeing this, Dennis Condrey told Eaton that he just got that guy murdered when all the other bums see that the guy has a supply of booze and food.

Here is the link to a couple Cornette stories about Eaton being the nicest guy in wrestling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udy1nhEw2Y8
Great stories about Eaton. Funny, because I just HATED them back then. Thought they were the biggest pricks in the world. Even though I knew something wasn't on the up and up, it was at least real in the moment.

Now it's "I play a character on TV..."