View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 12:50 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
So before LeBron arrived, the Cavs had been to 2 Conference Finals in their ENTIRE history, losing both.

LeBron gets you to 5 NBA Finals, including your team's ONLY title, and he 'screwed the team?' Its ok to dislike the guy, I suppose I can even understand wanting to turn the page and move on, but man, stop hating and give the guy his due for what he did for your team.
He got me to one title in his first stint here, which we lost. Then he embarrassed Northeast Ohio and the Cavs fan base with The Decision, left for Miami, and gave them two title while the Cavs were the butt of NBA jokes and had a historically bad team. Not only did he dig himself a hole, but he set the bar with at least two titles in my eyes, since that's what he gave Miami. I enjoyed the first title, but he failed to deliver another. In fact, he failed to commit to Cleveland, and we regressed. The best Cleveland got was a 2 year deal with a player option for a 3rd, then signed a 1-and-1 deal this past time. It's hard enough to attract BIG time players to play in Cleveland, and it's even worse when nobody wants to play with LeBron AND he won't commit to Cleveland. He gave the Lakers 3 years with a 4th year player option.

He was in the red when he came back. Winning 1 title maybe got him to break even in my eyes, but failing to deliver another title while also dragging us through a bunch of his crap in the process and regressing overall was garbage. Not to mention the state he left this team in - again. The only positive is at least we have Love to either build around or deal, but we're still stuck with horrific salaries that he pushed for his guys to get.

Sorry I don't grovel at the "King's" feet.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame