View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 05:49 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default Interesting story

So I had to go pick up a some paperwork from my moms cousin yeasterday whos in his early 80's. I havent seen him in 20 years. Anyway after getting what i needed, we started chatting about sports, football and baseball. He told me he grew up in the bronx a block away from yankee stadium. Said he was a huge yankee fan. He told me some stories, he didnt see ruth play he was too young but went to the funeral. Etc, etc. as i was about to leave he told one more.

He said one night he was in a bar right with some friends ( hes a small guy about 5 foot 7) and sitting on other side of the bar was Don Larsen. Said Larsen was huge compared to him and his friends. Anyway Larsen tossed back many drinks and got hammered that night. And the next day he went out and threw that perfect game in the WS.

Not sure if thats a known story or not as im not a yankee fan, but figured id share with the board.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 02-13-2017 at 06:03 AM.