View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 11:19 PM
Mikeknapp

Default Net54 Photo Gallery

I normally kill threads, not start them, so this is new territory for me. In another thread a few of us were discussing the relative merits of a Ruth image in the upcoming RMY auction. This discussion made me curious about differing opinions as to what is considered to be aesthetically pleasing to individual photo collectors. I have seen a number of photographs on Net54 that are incredible. A few examples of these in my humble opinion are Ben’s Joe Jackson with trophies, Runscott’s Wagner portrait, Bob Freeman’s Cy Young portrait, Scott Garner’s Vander Meer in the dugout, Frozenintime’s Mantle color slide, H2oya311’s signed Satchel Paige, Augy44’s Ruth portrait, Seattlerainiers’ Koufax photo booth strip, and Phil Gary’s Effa Manley.

My question is if Net54 had a photographic art gallery and you could display photos that you currently own what would you contribute? The images’ monetary value is unimportant. If it wasn’t I would not be able to post my own examples. The photo(s) should be reflective of your collection and be examples of what you find aesthetically pleasing. Below are my contributions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1954_Mays_frnt.jpg (74.2 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg Type I 1955 Al Kaline.jpg (63.7 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg Type_I_1947 Jackie Robinson.jpg (70.7 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpg Type_I_1949 Stengle.jpg (67.9 KB, 403 views)
File Type: jpg Type_I_1954_Oscar_Charleston_Indianapolis_Clowns_Baseball_.jpg (69.5 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg Type I 1926 July 22 Babe Ruth.jpg (72.0 KB, 396 views)