View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 04:32 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Reading Bill's comment, this is very interesting - the OP asked for us to list the '10 best', not our '10 favorite', yet he clearly listed some albums that no one could possibly consider to be among the '10 best' ever, so I think he really meant '10 favorite'. Not that they aren't great albums - I love most of them, but this just shows how subjective of a question this is.
Right, and that's all I'm asking for, Scott, is some clarification. Are we listing the 10 greatest albums of all-time, or our ten favorite albums? Because those lists are going to be vastly different.

Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys might be on my ten greatest albums list, but it wouldn't be in my top 100 favorite albums of all-time. Rio by Duran Duran might end up in my top ten favorite albums of all-time, but I doubt it would supplant something like Carole King's Tapestry from any all-time great list. Simon and Garfunkel's Bookends and Revolver by the Beatles might be listed in a lot of top ten all-time lists, but I don't know if I'd put Revolver ahead of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or Abbey Road on my all-time top ten list.

I just don't know how I'm supposed to respond until this is made clear.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 03-14-2014 at 04:34 AM.