View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 02:28 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Like I said, you're grasping at straws man. I thought it was obvious I was talking about the things that go into a shift and positioning your players on the field. Along with head to head ratios against specific pitchers on your roster. As well as all of the other "new" stats that get put into practice in real time on the field not in looking back at a completed career.
He's not grasping at straws at all. You made a bold statement:

Quote:
It doesn't matter how good you are, no one can survive in the league or experience prolonged success striking out more times than they get a hit.
In response, he gave you the names of several players who did quite clearly have sustained success while having more strike outs than hits for their careers.

Reggie Jackson is a Hall of Famer.
Jim Thome will be a Hall of Famer.
Jose Canseco hit 462 home runs.
Ryan Howard has hit 362 home runs, and will likely cross 400 home runs.
Cecil Fielder hit 319 home runs, and drove in over 1,000.

Instead of telling him "you're grasping at straws", perhaps you should do a little research first before making statements like the one you did.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.