View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 12:08 AM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
They are a dealer in minor league team sets. Anyone bought from them? They have a couple rare, expensive minor league sets that I am interested in buying, and would feel more comfortable knowing they are trustworthy.
I haven't dealt with them in 15 years, but I suspect you won't have any issues with them. I used to be the Director of Operations for the Birmingham Barons and did deals with Lake County Minors, STB Sports and one I other I can't remember. In the early 2000's, we did autographed cards inside team sets and #'d update sets w/ autographs when possible. The 3 of them worked together and paid the players to autograph the cards with the stipulation they would each get a certain amount of sets (50-100? for a regular team issue) at a lower cost than retail. I can't recall the owner's name, but I did meet him at the Winter Meetings Trade Show one year. Nice guy. They were always great to deal with and they bought cards from teams every year and were doing so long before I was around in the late 90's to early 2000's.

If you don't find what you are looking for at Lake County, check out STB Sports. Steve Green is the owner there and a stand up guy. Either should have just about anything you might want.