View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Default Confessions of a first time Yankee rooter

Posted By: Bob D

...and I'm rooting for the Red Sox.

No defense of Manny. He's on another planet. Although Soriano has more that once done similar styliing after a HR.

Derick Lowe did NOT make an obscene gesture. A couple of crybaby A's, most noticably Tejada, whom I could easily lip read was mouthing most of the 7 naughty words after striking out, may have thought he did but that was probably sour grapes.

Trot Nixon made no such prounouncements on Jesus. All he said was that he thanked the lord for allowing him to do his best. No one on the Red Sox is claiming God has any rooting interest in the Red Sox. That should be obvious

Pedro might be a A@#$%%, just like Roger. That's probably what gives him an edge.

To be honest I have very little knowledge about the charactor of any of these players. A couple (Wakefield for instance) are known for doing good work in the community, but who knows?

I'd love Cobb, Ruth, Rose, Joe Jackson etc. on my team. But I'm not sure if I'd want any of them marrying my sister.

The Sox area pretty good, but flawed team, who've played well and had a knack for bouncing back from some pretty tough losses.

Even if I weren't a fan they would be an improvement over more of the Yankees in the W/S.

thanks

Bob