Thread: Addie Joss?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 08:04 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Lance Boil View Post
He was a consummate gentleman, and I was somewhat horrified to find out he is a member here, as I can say nothing bad about the transaction, nor would I ever ask for a refund.

Tony
Frankly I am a bit confused . You say that you were somewhat " horrified " to find out your seller is a member here , but that you can say nothing bad about the transaction . Then why are you horrified ?
Also what are you wanting? An opinion on your Joss autograph as to authenticity or to post it for display purposes ?
As the owner at this time and for the past 20 years of the only accepted Addie Joss full name signature , the one used in Ron K' s book is mine , I can only say that there are 2 accepted signatures of Joss. Mine and a postcard addressed to his son.
Is yours a real Joss ? There is no way to tell positively due to the lack of authentic examples to use as exemplars that are considered positively as his signature .
Also an interesting item is that the Cleveland Indians did not begin their season until April 30 th in 1906 . So where was this piece signed and under what situation ?

Last edited by Klrdds; 05-16-2016 at 08:28 PM.