View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 08:09 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
Circling back to the first series from 1963, in particular the 4 cards with different color borders on the bottom, fairly being one of these. I think that it was mentioned that these cards are on both sides of the middle of the sheet. So by there being 3 variations blue, white and yellow, does this imply that there are 3 printing sheets? A B and C? or a fourth where no variant color border shows up? a D sheet. So the 1st series may have had 4 different sheets. Card #29 and the debusschere definitely are on different sheets.

BillP
I don't think any series or sets issued in standard size by Topps has had more than two half sheets involved. Probably any size card actually now that I think about it, although it seems that way sometimes. The way the printers set it up was each half of the sheet (132 cards here) was called a slit and there is slit a and slit b for a full (264 card) sheet. I have found that to be consistent in the documentation that still exists. There were however, multiple press runs where sometimes changes were made between each.