View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Mi.ke Huds*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
No it's not new. I owned the card before and believe I got it from another board member.

Ron what your saying is that you started a site that you want fellow T205 collectors to fill out for you because you didn't take the time for research in depth right? So all of us give you info we have collected for yrs and we all have a bad a$$ well informed site made. So how do I get my cut when you start getting headline, banner, and other advertising profits? My time, my knowledge, my research will not be used for someone else's gain when no effort was put forth to do their own. Hell a simple 4-5hrs on the Sgc registry and ebay would give you 90%+ of what you need. Call me sour or bitter or what ever you want but all I ask is that you do not publish any info I have given of finding I have made.
Let me start of by saying that I have been collecting T205's for about 10 minutes and have a total of 4 in my collection. I definitely understand where Andrew is coming from. I have been collecting Kren bats for about 15 years and it is very difficult finding information on these bats. I have paid over $500 for catalogs, traveled to the Louisville Slugger Museum, and have spend countless hours conducting research. I would get annoyed when people would ask my opinion on bats knowing the time and money I invested in my research. (Conversly, I would get annoyed with people not willing to share their knowledge). However, by sharing the infomation that I've collected (often on this board), it has helped the overall collecting community and has hopefully saved some people shelling out big money for a Store model bat that is being called game used.

I also believe that when you give, you get more. I had provided someone information on Kren bats a couple of years ago and shared everything I had. A couple of weeks ago, he decided to sell his collection and he called me first. I would not have been able to add these bats to my collection if I was not willing to share the info I had.

For someone who is just starting out collecting T205's, it would be great to have resources similiar to the T206 sites to learn more about these cards. There were several posts about the market being down for T205's. What better way to get more people excited about collecting T205's and drive up the market?

Lastly, it is critical for the people that provide infomation get credit for their hard work. And as for advertising profits, is Leon giving us a cut from his advertising? Call me crazy, but I don't see Ron retiring anytime soon from this website. I do agree with Andrew that a little more research should have been done, but it's a start. Anyway, just a perspective from someone just staring out collecting these cards.

Mike Hud$0n