View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Default The State of This Forum

Posted By: Mike H

Max, your point is valid. With cards, you simply throw them on the scanner. Memorabilia requires a camera, lighting downloading, shifting it to photo-bucket then posting it. A lot more steps.

With regard to old documents. I love baseball history in general, but believe most memorabilia collectors are into pieces with eye appeal and visual interest. This forum is about memorabilia, not discussions regarding a game in 1865 between two teams that only three people on earth have heard of. While I appreciate early documents and understand people love to read them, few have a knowledge base that allows for deep conversation. I would prefer being educated about the history of advertising, dating items, judging value, evolution of equipment etc.

I want to hear about your "stuff" and collecting stories. Post your hobby room, favorite display pieces, how you found things, and auction items you love and you'll get more of a response.

Regarding the National. I didn't think many people from this board besides Ryan and I attended. Carlton's pics are great, but there was soo much more he couldn't capture for his site.

Just my two cents worth (ok...it's only worth one cent)