View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Interesting that SGC would grade a printer sheet flip error, I didn’t know they would do that. They must be the only company that will assign a numerical grade to these. I just definitely learned something.

It does make a neat display for the match pair but seems comparatively expensive to slab such a common and inexpensive error for an 87’. You should easily be able to buy a lot of at least 100 for the price to grade one. I assume you are either a Larkin or Canseco collector.
Hey Justin, sometimes I find a card that simply appeals to me and I have it graded. It was graded because that's the way I wanted to retain the card, not to resell, flip it, or any other reason. In this case, it was a rookie card of a Hall of Fame player with what I think is a great picture of Larkin - especially the look on his face in the photo. The Conseco back simply makes it very unique. So, $22 to have this card protected for as long as I will keep it - that's ok. Also, I don't really care about the 7 grade either. I don't collect the 87 set for obvious reasons. With that said, if you can find 100 of the Larkin rookies with a Conseco back, in SGC 7 condition, I recommend you buy them!

Your comments regarding grading I find interesting. If you look at the grading standards, it shouldn't matter what is pictured on the front or the back. Other that verifying that it is an authentic card from that set, all grading does is provide their position on the quality of the card; surface, corners, centering, etc. etc. etc. So why shouldn't they grade it.

Thanks for the response and take.