View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Default Blocking bidders

Posted By: runscott

He offered me $189 initially. I told him I already had an offer for $210. I did not accept either offer, as the auction was running and I don't like ending auctions early. Brunners then bid the $179 minimum and someone else won it for $181. Brunners then sent me an email saying he guessed the $210 guy decided not to bid, and the winner hadn't bid on anything baseball-related in 30 days so he would offer me $180, postage-paid - let him know. I replied that, no, the guy who offered me $210 did not bid, and he had offered me $189, then was willing to lose the item to someone who bid only $181. Sounds just a little bit odd to me. In any case, I personally just don't like wise-***es, especially when they are soliciting business from me.

Pete, as I said in my previous post, this is the FIRST bidder I have blocked. Obviously, with the feedback I have, I have dealt with one or two wise-***es in the past. I have even had people make offers to me, asking me to stop an auction early - if I had done this two weeks ago I would have sold my e95 collection for an additional $800 - guess what? He never even bid! But to have someone come back to me with a wise-*** email and a lowball offer,when he didn't even win the auction. I don't need bidders like that. As far as blocking his email, I refuse to get in a pissing contest with anyone - I blocked Henry Yee's as well.