View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
To follow-up on this post from LY.... I had forgotten that I had placed this 80 T Kobel card in a west facing window in order to see how it would compare to the 3 cards in Cliff's post. Well, below is the Kobel (with the bottom intentionally sunbathed), IMO it looks like the Kobel's red lettering is further bleached than the 3 cards Cliff found being offered on ebay. When compared to the Kobel, it appears to be a near certainty that the Rice, Tom P. and Nettles card were sunbathed to remove the red colored player name and it does not appear to be a factory misprint on these 3 cards.

Also evident on the bottom of the Kobel is which primary color fades first, second and third on a 1980 Topps card.
Nice work! I was already skeptical of his missing name cards but when he showed the Tom Poquette I knew they were bogus because on the real 80 Tom Poquette yellow name the banner is also affected with the missing red ink but on his the banner is the same as a normal 80 Poquette card.