View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 07:17 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
Running some quick cost estimates on the UPS website gave me this. Shipping from Lake Oswego, Oregon to Thunder Bay Ontario (because I like the name Thunder Bay). The package details and dimensions are for a 400 count card box shipped with a declared value of just $40.

The quoted shipping cost is $39.07. It might drop a little for a larger metropolitan area in Canada such as Toronto though. Is that a lot for a $40 item, yes of course. But I dont see how any fault lies with PWCC as it would seem they are charging what the actual shipping cost for them is, or very close to it.
Well, first off, TB is another 15 hrs north of me or 1427 kms so I am sure it would be more to ship there as opposed to where I am (just east of Toronto)

Regardless, if you go back and read this thread, you will see for yourself it's not just us Canucks who are complaining about PWCC's shipping, it's Americans as well.
For what it's worth, I just received a pkg worth $400 American the other day.
The cards were in top loaders sandwiched between taped cardboard wrapped in plastic placed inside a small box which was placed in a styrofoam peanut filled larger box placed inside a padded large Purolator envelope which was insured and had tracking all for $22 dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
I keep it quite simple. I don't bid on PWCC or Probstein auctions because of what they charge Canadians. I can find plenty to bid on with shipping charges anywhere from $2-$10. I just hate paying a minimum of $20-$32 in shipping from PWCC or Probstein.
Jeff
I hear you, Jeff. Probstein never shipped to Canada not that long ago but I assume they realized they were losing money so they decided to change that.

I have never purchased from Probstein and it's been a year or longer since I last did with PWCC. I don't see anything changing in that regard with them anytime soon.