View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Default THE BIG BUYERS IN OUR HOBBY

Posted By: John

“I have never met such a person (a handful of dealers aside) in 25 years in the hobby.”

JimB

My Dentist buys cards and memorabilia and other antiques for wall hangers. He gets a larger right off for office decorations. Buys items purely for tax reasons. Does he like baseball sure, does he know anything about baseball cards nope. In fact the first day I met him I struck up the conversation about cards. He said yeah-there cool the more expensive the better and explained his tax deal. Seeing as his 58 Topps uncut sheet is hanging over a spit sink I don’t think he’s what we would call a true collector.

I’m not jealous of any collector or collections. Do I dream about having a collection larger than what I have sure. But at the end of the day, dreaming is the one thing that never goes up in price. Dreaming is what kept me searching attics and antique joints as a kid. I’m very lucky to have what I have and enjoy each and every card I own like it was a PSA 10 one-of-a-kind item. That’s what a collector is.