View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 12:46 AM

Default Potential game used baseball Lou Gehrig single signed from record game #1308

I have a few questions regarding this ball, which has been in my family's possession for roughly 80 years. I am in possession of a single signed, sweet spot, Lou Gehrig official game used ball. Obviously the value of such ball is somewhere between 20-50k under those merits alone, it's condition is very good. The ball is in damn near perfect condition and the autograph is still very visible, although the 0 in 1308 is almost faded away. However Gehrig did write the number 1308 on the side of the ball, away from the sweet spot. Are there any other examples of such a ball in existence with 1308 on it, not a team signed but a single signed one? One logical thought is that the ball could have very well been used in the infamous game in which he broke Everett Scott's consecutive games played record. However I'm unsure how to go about confirming/validating the ball being from said game. Is there any way to have this checked/authenticated? Also anyone have any idea how it would affect the value if said ball was from that game on August 17, 1933? WHat kind of value would we be talking if it were to be verified from that game/being used and signed with 1308 on it.