View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 06:11 PM
Dan Bl@u

Thanks for all the compliments fellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Dan, which card was the most difficult find to finish the set? Well done!
I actually got lucky and picked up five of the toughest cards (Booles, Cooper, Gilmore, Martin, Sisson) in one auction from Kevin Savage. I think they flew under the radar a bit since it was a smaller auction house, and I got a pretty good deal on them, I thought. I don't think I've seen another Booles, Gilmore, or Sisson come up in auction in the 2+ years that I've been working on the set, until a Gilmore popped up on eBay this week.

The last card I picked up was McGeehan, and before that it was Armstrong and Cowell. There had been a number of them for sale/auction over the past couple years, but they were either in pretty bad condition, or else they were on eBay at inflated prices that I wasn't willing to pay. The toughest card condition-wise for me was Armstrong - the registration seems to be a problem with that one, and for whatever reason it doesn't wear its age particularly well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyW View Post
Congrats. I like how all the cards are in similar condition. Very nice.
Thanks - I tried hard to get examples that weren't too far off from one another. I'd like to upgrade a couple of the cards, but I'm pretty happy with the set otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccre View Post
Now don't go and "hooked" on the T209-2's like I am now. Talk about tough ....geez!
Don't worry Dave - I think the picture series was about all I could take!