View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 08:59 AM
Steve Woe.lfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I bid on 70 cards. With a few hours to go, many of the commons were still under $10. There were a couple of dozen that were still under $5. With 1 1/2 hours to go, I was winning 28 cards, but I ended up losing all of them, because I didn't want to over pay for PSA 1's and I don't collect the set. I did bid on the Type 3 Coupon, even though it was rough. Someone got a decent deal on that card for a little over $70. If I had been home when that auction ended I would have raised my max bid.

Rick
Hi Rick,

I think I got the Type 3 Coupon from you, if my memory is correct (and that's not a given as I get older! ). I agree that someone got a decent deal. I enjoyed owning it as part of the Paskert back run.

Overall, there were some interesting results. Some cards went for way more than I thought they would and some were very good bargains. I thought the Uzit back SGC 30 was a good deal at $1,775 as I haven't seen another for under $2k in a while. There were some neat printing anomalies that didn't really bring any premium over normal commons.
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.