View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 01:56 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Hmmm I'm joning team Lichtman on Goodwin prices that make you go hmmm...

135k for that Cobb is very odd when a much nicer example is around the mid 40's right now...

Also PSA 3 American Beauty's in goodwin pulling $300+ when PSA 5 on ebay this week have gone cheaper heck even a 6 on ebay only went $130 or so more than Goodwins's PSA 3's?

Then you have the AUTH Sid Smith Brown Old Mill card which for 90% of the auction wasn't even listed as a "Brown" Old Mill card but just an AUTH Southern League card. That in it self is odd or sad Goodwin has a back set for sale in his auction in which Goodwin goes into detail about how tough Brown Old Mill's and Lenox cards are to find. Apparently they are very tough to find so tough in fact they may be for sale in your auction and you wouldn't even know.

Yet when the lot was corrected with less than a week to go it somehow pulled nice $$.

I can't say something is going on just looking at numbers and circumstances.

But I will say that if I you ever consign use Goodwin somehow he manages to get huge prices and get collectors to pay double and sometimes 5X what items are worth or have sold for how does he do it?