View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 07:44 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
If Sandy Koufax had given up 3 runs and then loaded the bases in the 7th before being chased, nobody would have said, oh what a gutsy performance. Kershaw in the regular season has been the equal of Koufax at his peak. He just can't pitch in the post-season worth a damn, for the most part.
Well Koufax started 7 games in the postseason and his record was 4-3 and Kershaw is 3-6

id rather have a pitcher give up 3 runs and get the win then give up 2 runs and get the loss. Yes i know there are many other factors but if you are up 5 runs you tend to give up runs easier than up 1-0 if you are focusing on ERA. Afterall if you lose 1-0 that means the opposing pitcher beat you out so we should be honoring that guy and not the guy that lost 1-0 for example.

Kershaw has been bad in the postseason but i dont see how this year he added to being a bad postseason pitcher with 11ks today and his team going 2-0 in his starts (getting the win in one of them and in line to get the win in the other) in a best of 5 series when his team was the underdog..

Bullpen shouldnt be relied to always rescue someone but its not normal to allow 85% of the inherited runners to score either, If there were any inherited runners on base after Koufax left any games, i will assume less than 85% of the time they scored, again if there even were any

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-11-2016 at 07:52 PM.