View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 04:44 PM

Reviving this thread with the newest piece in my collection.

This 5x7 painting was commissioned by Topps for their 2018 Gallery set and is the very image found on Zack Greinke's card within the set. The art was created by Dan Bergren and was done as a pencil sketch with airbrush for the background, flesh tones and larger sections featuring color, while acrylic paints were used for the finer details and the uniform.

Greinke only appears on three Gallery cards featuring original art so far throughout his career and as far as I know is not featured on any original art in other Topps sets.

I realize that this piece is quite new compared to much of the artwork shown in the previous posts however, that is one of the reasons I was drawn to the piece. Now don't get me wrong, I love baseball cards and there are many great issues and sets produced these days, however, in a day and age when a new card can be designed, edited and printed at warp speed, there is something refreshing to be found in this piece and as someone who dabbles in art myself, I can also fully appreciate the talent and detail that a piece like this commands!

Jake

Last edited by AstroJake09; 07-13-2021 at 05:00 PM.