View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Default Irrational Exuberance Low Number High Grade 1933 Goudeys

Posted By: John

Actually Jim, Wes or anyone else for that matter isn’t repeating me, just you. Or did you forget about the below comments in this very thread? Sure seems like your asking people to put Kevin’s professional opinion above that of the grading companies and or selected auction houses…

And once again you only read what you want to, why not let Kevin and I debate this I actually am interested in Kevin’s thoughts and hope he can see my point of view as I try to grasp his. Believe it or not Jim we can do this with out you tagging along for the ride and tossing unnecessary fuel on the fire.

“On our friend Kevin, while he may not have all the answers he certainly has recognized a fair amout of altered cards in holders and has shown the ability to get alterations by the best graders in the business. Not only did Kevin not pay me to say this but I am buying him dinner the week after next.”

“By the way Barry if I bought something at your auction and sent it to Kevin to look at and he told me the card looked suspicious would you let me return the card?”

“Lets let Barry answer it Peter--Barry if I bought 5 high end cards in your auction, sent them to Kevin and Kevin said in his opinion only two could he say with confidence have not been altered could I return the other 3???”

“But to reiterate if I bought a $15,000 card off a dealer's sell list, I would say its contingent upon Kevin's seal of approval. Dealer sends me card--I send to Kevin, Kevin returns card to me with his opinion and I either then send check to dealer or return the card.”