View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Default Irrational Exuberance Low Number High Grade 1933 Goudeys

Posted By: John

“John - I give up, your posts are far beyond any comment I can make. Other than you are a prime example of why IMO collectors would rather lurk then post here.”

Kevin,

Come on your more intelligent than that…

I’m the prime example of why so many great people don’t post here.

Here is the hearsay yet to be proven IMO,

You can get most anything past graders and are some sort of super hero.

Tons of super collectors are scared off by me and others on this board. Hmmmm the other board is according to you and others some sort of wonderland utopia. I post there too good board (Hi Jay, Scott) yet I don’t see Don L, Marshall F or any other super collectors posting over there. What gives? In fact for the most part I see the same names different GUI, perhaps these so called closet collectors just don’t post, because they don’t care too?

Here are the facts,

Lots of folk’s post here including myself. I actually post far less than many others. I only really post to either share images, or voice opinions on subjects I feel strongly about. Sometimes that means I disagree with you or someone else, that can mean we don’t see eye to eye oh well. I will call it as I see it which seems to be more than some folks can handle. I can’t help that, perhaps these folks should stay away from boards where differences of opinions can be had.

You have shown a handful of images of so called doctored cards, you openly brag about doctored cards and how talented you are at getting them by graders. You really show very little proof of this, short of generic images, with mild story lines below them. You alluded to a book that you would be selling, and then changed your tune with a series of charitable posts which was appreciated and very nice for the record. You are however very vague in your discussions around your doctoring hobby and what your overall goal is, sorry if I’m not ready to blindly believe you and take your posts as some sort of gold. The one thing you have shown with out a doubt is that fraud in this hobby can be done via doctoring; but most folks know this is nothing new you’ve stumbled upon here.

Here is where I’m torn, (nothing personal)

If the above images are correct, what makes me think they never get sold as is? And why should I think you are some sort of Card Doctor Robin Hood vs. any other guy who doctors cards for ill gotten gains. What separates you from the others, and how are we who are not a part of this inner circle to assume or trust 100% in your opinion?

I don’t think that it is unfair at all, but if you fell it is that’s your opinion I respect that.